The Data Controller is Healthpoint Limited
To contact the Data Controller, please email email@example.com or call 01253 508509 and ask to speak to a Director
We are not required to have a designated Data Protection Officer
Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
We are collecting your personal information for the purpose of dealing with your query, complaint or request for information. The information we hold and process will be used solely for the purpose of answering and dealing with your query, complaint or request for information. We will keep and use it to enable us to manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal or insurance requirements, and to protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
Failure to allow us to hold and process this data, as detailed, may result in us being unable to deal with your query, complaint or request for information.
If you have voluntarily uploaded photographs or images of yourself to our website or on social media we may use these images to promote our products on our website and social media platforms.
The lawful basis for processing the personal data is that the information is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of the Company.
If you do not accept this basis, then you may object to us or to the ICO as described below. SP509 APP1
The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources
Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may have come from other external sources, such as insurance companies.
Categories of personal data
The sort of information we may hold includes
• Your address, and contact details
• IP address
• Photographs or images that you have provided
• Occasionally we may hold medical information, obtained only for the basis of dealing with a query, complaint or request for information
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to our insurer, or supplier of the product concerned.
In instances where your complaint was originated via the retailer where you purchased our product, we may disclose information to that retailer so that they can adequately close the complaint down.
We will not share your data with any third party other than as detailed above, without your specific consent, unless it is to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
The data is within the UK/EU, and is not transferred outside the UK
We will retain your personal data for the duration of time that is required to deal your query, complaint or request for information. In the event that we have to retain your data to comply with regulatory or insurance requirements the data will be held for up to 10 years, after which they will be destroyed, these are all subject to the exercising of any of your rights outlined below.
Where you have voluntarily uploaded photographs or images of yourself we may retain the images indefinitely, this is subject to the exercising of any of your rights outlined below SP509 APP1
The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences.
We do not use automated decision making or profiling of any kind
The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
You have the following rights about the use of your personal information:
• If the basis for processing is your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide you with our services in this case.
• If your personal information is incorrect, you may request that errors or incomplete entries be rectified
• In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be forgotten and your data erased. Please contact the Data Controller if you wish to exercise this right.
• Whilst any request is being investigated, you have the right to restrict processing, so that your information will simply be stored.
• You can request the return of transfer of any personal data you have given to us in a portable electronic format
• You can object to the processing of your information for the purpose of market research at any time, or when you do not accept the legality of the processing
• You can object to the automated decision making and profiling of your personal information without human intervention, unless you have given express consent to such automated processing, or it is specified in a contract which you have signed.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at 11 Darwin Court, Blackpool Technology Park, Blackpool FY2 0JN
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by
• Helpline. Call them on 0303 123 1113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
• Live chat. Have an online conversation with someone at the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat/.
• Email. Use the form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/